p>Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
features six classes for players to choose from, each a unique twist on a well known fantasy RPG class. The Spellshot is a spin on both the traditional "Wizard" classes and also the slightly less common "Spellsword" that combines magic with skillful swordplay. With gun and spell the Spellshot launches devastating attacks on their foes.
Gearbox Software and 2K's Tiny Tina's Wonderlands is a Borderlands spin-off revolving around a game of Bunkers & Badasses. Players take on the role of the Fatemaster and they will journey across the wonderlands, gathering loot and completing quests. Their ultimate goal is to defeat the Dragon Lord.
The Spellshot is the king/queen/monarch of spellcasting, gaining tremendous bonuses to their ability to cast spells and inflict elemental damage over a wide area. With access to many means of neutralising foes and action skills that assist them with locking down a powerful foe or outright wielding twice the magic, the spellshot is all about linking magic into their gunplay. Their class feat lets them build up stacks of the spellweaving buff by reloading or casting a spell, which increases their spell damage for a few seconds and can stack multiple times.
The Spellshot has two excellent action skills to choose from, the first of which is known as "Polymorph." Polymorph allows the Spellshot to transform an enemy into a helpless Skeep for a few seconds, rendering them unable to fight. If the enemy is immune to being transformed, the Spellshot instead casts a free spell on them and gains stacks of the spellweaving buff (granted by their Class Feat).
The Spellshot's other action skill is "Ambi-hextrous", and allows the player to equip a second spell which will be cast using the action skill button. This is a very potent addition to the Spellshot's arsenal, allowing them to use twice as many spells as any other class. This is especially dangerous when paired with their class feat to build up increasing amounts of spell damage with their doubled spell loadout.
- Spell Sniper (Tier 1): This skill grants increased spell critical chance, making spell critical hits more likely in combat. This is very useful when paired with Ambi-hextrous and the spellweaving buff, allowing players to deal tons of extra spell damage.
- Magic Bullets (Tier 1): This skill adds a portion of all damage bonuses received by the Spellshot's magic to their gun damage too. This skill is exceptional for nearly any Spellshot build, since Spellshots thrive on increasing their magic damage.
- Prestidigitation (Tier 1): This skill improves the reload speed of all guns wielded by the Spellshot. This is very useful for players using weapons with high fire rates, such as SMGs or some rifles.
- Font of Mana (Tier 2): This skill improves the recharge time of the Spellshot's spells and action skills, making it an exceptional skill for maintaining magical damage on foes over extended periods and filling the air with elemental damage.
- Mage Armor (Tier 2): This skill causes the Spellshot's ward to regain some power every time they gain a stack of spellweaving, serving as an excellent source of additional survivability.
- Just Warming Up (Tier 2): This skill increases the fire rate of the Spellshot's weapons for each stack of spellweaving they have accrued. An excellent way of building up to a bullet storm.
- Glass Cannon (Tier 3): This skill halts the regeneration of the Spellshot's wards, but greatly increases their spell damage. This skill can be great for amplifying raw damage, and pairs well with Mage Armor to provide a means of regenerating the ward without natural regeneration.
- Imbued Weapon (Tier 4): This skill applies additional elemental damage to a gun for a short time after casting a spell. The damage type will match that of the spell, and this skill can stack once for each spell cast. This means that this spell can be especially deadly when used alongside Ambi-hextrous.
- High Thread Count (Tier 4): This skill increases the maximum number of Spellweaving stacks the Spellshot can accrue, making all of their spells even more dangerous.
- War Caster (Tier 4): This skill adds a chance for the Spellshot's guns to be reloaded whenever they kill an enemy, with the chance increasing based on the number of spellweaving stacks the spellshot has. This skill is excellent for making sure the Spellshot is never without a spell to fling or gun to sling.
- Double Knot (Tier 5): This skill adds bonus damage to spell critical hits equal to the equipped gun's element. This is useful for players making heavy use of elemental weaponry.
- One Slot One Kill (Tier 5): This skill grants increased gun damage for each spellweaving stack the Spellshot has. This pairs excellently with War Caster, keeping the Spellshot dealing high damage regardless of whether they're using guns or spells.
- Sever the Thread (Tier 6): This skill causes critical hits with guns to sometimes reset all spell cooldowns. This skill has a short cooldown. An excellent capstone skill for the spellshot that allows them to refresh their spells and rapidly re-enter the fray.
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands is Available now for Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
MORE: Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Complete Guide: Weapons, Spells, Items, Bosses, Builds, Lucky Dice, & Secrets
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands: Spellshot Class Guide View Story